|Session||Presentation Format||Data check in||Pre-session meeting|
45 min. before the session
|30 min. before the session|
|Virtual Presentation (Live)||Access the designated Zoom URL 45 min. before the session start for pre-check of the session.|
||Virtual Presentation (Live)||Access the designated Zoom URL 45 min. before the session start for pre-check of the session.||Individually informed|
45 min. before the session
|Virtual Presentation (Live)||Access the designated Zoom URL 30 min. before the session start for pre-check of the session.|
||Onsite||Individually informed to the sponsored company|
|Virtual Presentation (Live)|
All sessions will be available in the form of VODs until November 30, 2021.
*VOD: Video on Demand
1. Presentation Format
- All the presenters, regardless of their presentation format (on-site, live or pre-recorded) are asked to submit their pre-recorded presentation data for back up.
- Data submission instruction (storage site) will be given late September.
- Pre-recorded videos for on-site and live (virtual) presenters are only for back up.
1.1. Onsite Presenters
[Meeting Day Timeline]
- Bring your presentation slide data to the PC center at least 1 (one) hour prior to your session start (or at least 30 min before the first session). If your session is the first one in the morning, you are advised to bring your presentation slide data to the PC Center on the day before the session is scheduled.
- Pre-session meeting with remote presenter(s) and chair(s) will be held 30 min. before the session starts. Please visit the designated room to join the pre-meeting with other speakers.
- In the session room, please take the speaker’s standby seat at the front of the room for at least 10 min. prior to your session.
- Your session will be recorded and made available for VOD after the ISA2021 until November 30 2021.
1.2. For Virtual Presentation (Live)
- If you are not available onsite to present, you are asked to make a presentation virtually using Zoom.
[Setting up preparation]
- Chairs and speakers will need to access Zoom Webinar for live (virtual) presentation and Q&A.
Please download the Zoom app on your PC beforehand. (https://zoom.us/jp-jpmeetings.html)
- Join the session from an environment with a good and stable internet connection: a wired network connection is highly recommended.
- Make sure that you can use the webcam, a speaker, and a headset with a microphone connected to your PC.
- The URL for connecting to the Zoom will be sent to you by email about 2 or 3 days before the session.
[Meeting Day Timeline]
- Briefing is set at least 45 min. before the session starts. During this briefing, an orientation of the Zoom operation and flow of the session will be given. This includes 30 min pre-meeting with other chairs and speakers
- When you join the Q&A and discussion, please turn your webcam and microphone on.
- Questions will be accepted from on-site attendees and online audiences via chat or comments from the floor.
1.3. For presenters with Pre-recorded Video
- For the presenters who have difficulties in presenting live or on-site due to time differences or other reasons, pre-recorded presentations will be streamed at the designated date and time in the designated session room for on-site attendees, and in the exclusive portal site for the live subscription.
- Please submit your final version of the recorded presentation via a designated submission system by set due date.
- The data submission instruction (storage site) will be given late September.
2. Guidelines for Preparing Your Presentation
2.1. How to prepare your presentation slide
- 1) Prepare your presentation in 16:9 format.
- 2) OS-standard fonts are recommended such as; Century Gothic, Courier, Times New Roman.
- 3) Windows PowerPoint 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and PowerPoint for Microsoft 365 are supported for the presentation on-site.
- 4) Presenters should disclose any conflict of interest after the title slide. Please refer to the COI guideline.
2.2. How to prepare your pre-recorded presentation
- 1) Formatting and Size: mp4, MOV, WMV up to 1.5GB
- Please ensure narration is included in the PowerPoint presentation recording and export it to a video file before submitting.
- 2) Side Ratio: 16:9 (recommended)
- Slides formatted in 4:3 ratio will be streamed in letterbox format with black bands on the both sides of the slides.
- 3) Presenters will receive the URL of the data submission website, a login ID, and password by email.
- 4) Edition or resubmission of the uploaded video file can be accepted until the submission deadline. No changes or resubmissions are accepted after the submission deadline.
2.3. On the session day
2.3.1. If you are presenting on the secretariat PC
- 1) Please bring your data to the USB memory stick.
- 2) If you have prepared the presentation data on a Macintosh, you are requested to bring your own computer.
- 3) If you have audio and movie playback in your presentation, please bring your own computer for backup and notify the operator in advance.
- 4) Remote presentation system is equipped in the session room. You have a TFT monitor, mouse and USB keyboard on the podium to operate your presentation.
- 5) The Secretariat is responsible for destroying all copies of any data after the session.
2.3.2. If you bring your own PC
- 1) The Secretariat will prepare a Mini D-sub 15 pin PC cable connector. If your PC is not compatible with this cable connector, please bring an adaptor to connect your PC to the Mini D-sub 15 pin PC cable connector.
- 2) Please notify the operator in advance if you will be using videos or audio in your presentation.
- 3) Your presentation data file should be named as <Session Number> <Name> .ppt. and saved on your desktop.
- 4) Please disable screensaver, power-saving feature on your PC.
- 5) Please bring your AC adapter and converter with you.
- 6) Please bring a backup date in case of unexpected accidents on CD-R, DVD-R or USB flash memory.
- 7) After your presentation, please receive your computer from the operator at the venue.
- 8) During your presentation, please use the AC adapter included with your computer, not mini AC adapter.
3. Disclosure of COI (Conflict of Interest)
All the presenters are required to disclose any financial relationship (within the past 3years) with a biotechnology manufacturer, a pharmaceutical company, or any other commercial entity that has an interest in the subject matter or discussed materials.
If you, your spouse, or any other immediate family member has any of the listed relationships with a commercial entity that has an interest in the subject matter, please refer to the definition for a potential conflict of interest, which must be disclosed.
- Annual value of remuneration received from a single company or for-profit organization as an officer or an advisor (including consultant, etc.) is 1,000,000 yen or more
- Annual profit from shares (or latent profit from stock options) of a single company is 1,000,000 yen or more or the proportion of shares owned in the company is 5% or more
- Total annual value of patent royalties or transfer gains received from a single company or for-profit organization is 1,000,000 yen or more
- Total annual value of lecture fees, honoraria, or other fees paid by a single company or for-profit organization for the time or labor of a researcher engaged for conference attendance (as a lecturer, chairperson, ad hoc advisor, etc.) is 500,000 yen or more
- Total annual value of manuscript fees for a pamphlet, etc. paid by a single company or for-profit organization is 500,000 yen or more
- Total annual value of research funds (joint research funds, contract research funds, clinical trial funds, etc.) provided directly under contracts by a single company or for-profit organization, or by a non-profit organization funded by the Company, etc. is 1,000,000 yen or more (direct cost)
- Total annual value of scholarship (incentive) endowments provided directly from a single company or for-profit organization, or research grants provided directly from a private academic support organization, is 1,000,000 yen or more
- The declarer belongs to an endowed chair etc. funded by a company or for-profit organization, or has accepted a researcher, etc. from a company or for-profit organization where the declarer is a research facility representative
(a declaration is required regardless of whether or not employment costs are incurred)
- Annual remuneration received from a single company or for-profit organization
(travel expenses, gifts, etc., that are not directly related to research) is 50,000 yen or more
- * Please refer to the current currency exchange rate for Japanese yen at http://www.x-rates.com/d/JPY/table.html
How to disclose your COI
If there is any COI, the presenter should use the disclosure slide to present COI after the title slide, in order to clarify the names of companies and/or associations in question. If there is no COI, the presenter should indicate ‘I have no financial relationships to disclose.' as such on the sample slide.
(Website will be available from September 27 to October 11).