Call for Abstracts
The organizing committee of the JSA/WAO Joint Congress 2020 invites you to submit abstracts and present at the Joint Congress in September 2020.
All abstracts MUST be submitted through Online Abstract Submission System.
Please go to Online Submission System at the bottom of this page.
Abstract Submission: September 24, 2019 - March 23, 2020
Our online system manual is availble. Please click here to view.
Presentation styles and topics
Accepted abstracts will be presented in Oral Sessions or Poster Sessions.
All presentations must be in English.
Authors can indicate their choice of preferred type of presentation in our submission system.
To those who who reside in Japan:
In order to submit an abstract as a first author/presenter, you must be a member of the Japanese Society of Allergology（JSA) and you are requested to enter your JSA Member ID to complete your submission. If you are a Non-JSA member or applying to become a member, please enter "99" to continue.
Please understand that the final decisions regarding the allocation and the type of presentation of the submitted abstracts will be made by the Joint Congress Scientific Program Committee.
The scientific program committee seeks abstracts in the following topics.
Authors will be asked to select 2 topics when submitting their abstract(s).
The JSA/WAO Joint Congress 2020 Organizing Committee will award the best oral and poster presentations at the joint congress!!
|3||Adult Airway Diseases|
|5||Other Skin Diseases|
|12||Eosinophilic Gastrointesinal Disease (EGID)|
|15||Allergy Prevention and Risk Factors|
|16||Immunodeficiency and Collagen Disease|
|17||Mechanisms of Allergy|
|19||Microbiome and Omics|
|20||Air Pollution and Environmental Allergies|
|21||Education and Allied Health|
Abstract Submission Guideline
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- The maximum length allowed for an abstract is 400 words including blank spaces, authors' information.
The abstract title: maximum of 25 words The abstract text: maximum of 330 words
- You are allowed to be the presenting author of multiple abstracts.
- No encore abstracts are accepted.
The abstract title
All abstract titles must be in lower case with no full stop (or period) at the end and no underlining.
Please see example below.
○ Treatment of food allergy in Japan
× TREATMENT OF FOOD ALLERGY in JAPAN.
The abstract text
Your abstract should be organized as such: Background, Method, Results, and Conclusion.
- A) Background: A statement of purpose of the study (preferably one sentence).
- B) Methods: A brief statement of the methods used. For abstracts reporting clinical research, a sentence or phrase presenting the most important selection criteria for subjects should be included.
- C) Results: A summary of the results presented in sufficient detail with statistical analysis to support the conclusions.
- D) Conclusion: A statement of the conclusions reached.
It is not satisfactory to state, "the results will be discussed," or "other data will be presented," etc.
Abstracts must be proofread carefully to avoid errors before submission.
- University, City, State, USA
- University, City, UK
- Hospital, Prefecture, Japan
- Company, Prefecture, Japan
If affiliations are not listed as above, they will be modified by congress organizer in order to be included in Japanese Journal of Allergology.
- Tables and graphs should not be included in the abstract.
- References can be included in the body of the text.
Conflict-of-Interest Disclosure Policy
Main speaker is asked to show COI status in the first slide or the next slide after introducing presentation title and presenter, or display COI status at the end of poster.
Changes to abstracts are accepted up to the submission deadline by using the abstract submission system.
Notification of Acceptance
Notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent to your e-mail address in June, 2020.
The presenting author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, date and time, via the email provided in the abstract submission.
Once an abstract is accepted, a written request to withdraw must be submitted no later than July 10, 2020, to email@example.com if the first author decides to withdraw the abstract for any reason.
Publication of Abstracts
Accepted Abstract Authors will have their abstract published in Japanese Journal of Allergology.
“We remind authors that all accepted abstracts will be checked for plagiarism.”
- By accepting this term, the authors confirm they have obtained written, informed consent of patients (or parents of children and adolescents) to publish their cases.
Attendance of Presenters
We cannot guarantee that Presenting Authors who do not show up during the session will be accepted for abstract presentations at JSA and WAO future meetings.
Registration and Payment
Early registration is encouraged!
The Presenting Author must register for JSA/WAO Joint Congress 2020 and pay the registration fee before June 30, 2020. Abstracts will be automatically withdrawn if the Presenting Author is not registered by this time.
Don’t forget to complete your registration by June 8, 2020 to take advantage of Early registration discounts!!
We offer travel grants to high-quality young scientists from diverse geographic who wish to attend the JSA/WAO Joint Congress.
Eligibility to apply for travel grants
- Complete your registration in "Fellow-in-Training" (payment paid in full) (This is for international participants only)
- Be first author of an abstract
- * The total amount cannot be increased under any circumstances.
Travel grants recipients will be due to be announced in June, 2020.
The following travel grants are available
|Geographical Area||Number Available||Amount awarded|
|Asia (Except Japan)||10||50,000JPY|
|Middle East / Africa||2||150,000JPY|
Accommodation up to 4 nights will be also provided by the organizer.
Please send inquiries regarding abstract submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.