Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline
Call for Abstracts： Submission deadline is now passed.
Thank you for submitting your abstract for JSV 2018.
To submit an abstract, the following criteria must be met :
- The first and presenting author must be a member of the Japanese Society for Virology (JSV). Nonmembers who wish to submit abstracts should join JSV first.
- The JSV membership number is required when you submit an abstract.
Please put 0079999999 if you are in the process of joining JSV members.
- JSV membership is not necessarily required for those who belong to overseas facilities.
- International students in Japan should join JSV membership if they wish to submit abstracts.
- Join JSV membership through the website of The Japanese Society for Virology
*Inquiry about JSV membership
The Japanese Society for Virology
c/o Microbiological Science, Inc.
4-13-18 Koishikawa, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0002, Japan
Guideline for Abstract Submission
1) Presentation Style/Language
1) Workshop(Oral) ･･･English
2) Poster ･･･English or Japanese
|Presentation Style||Abstract Title(*1)||Abstract Text||Authors(*1)||Affiliations(*1)|
*1: Japanese authors are requested to put both Japanese and English.
2）How to submit an abstract
- All abstract submissions must be made electronically through Online Abstract Submission System, UMIN（University Hospital Medical Information Network）.
*Abstracts submitted by post or e-mail cannot be handled.
*This abstract submission system works only with the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari (ver. 2.0.3 (471.9.2) or later). Please do not use other browsers for abstract submission.
- Abstract text should be structured as follows: Background/Aim of Study - Materials & Methods - Results - Conclusions
- Abstract title should be within140 characters, and abstract text should be within 2,000 characters.
- Please retain your abstract number and password (you set your own password between 6 and 8 characters long). For security reasons, the secretariat will not be able to respond to inquiries concerning abstract numbers and passwords.
3) Abstract Category
For each category (A, B, and C), please select the one most suitable topics for your presentation.
(HAV, HBV, HCV, HDV and HEV)
|A05||Positive strand RNA viruses|
|A06||Negative strand and ambisense RNA viruses|
|A07||Double-stranded RNA viruses|
(including prions, viroids and phages)
|B03||Genome and gene expression|
|B04||Assembly and release|
|B05||Replication of virus genome|
|B06||Viral spread and transmission|
|B10||Diversity and evolution|
|B12||Acquired immunity and vaccines|
|B14||Gene therapy and viral vectors|
|B15||Data analysis and mathematical model|
- It is not permitted to present the same abstract at a scientific meeting as the one already published in scientific journals.
- One abstract will be accepted per presenter (first author).
- Co-authors are eligible to submit more than one abstract.
- Only one abstract will be accepted when the abstracts from the same group are obviously considered as one presentation.
- Please include the latest research result.
- The following abstracts will not be accepted: aim of study is not clear, irrelevant replication research, containing significant errors, gap between experiment and conclusion, and lack in moral consideration, etc.
- The program committee is responsible for reviewing all abstracts and deciding presentation style and time. If you have not received an e-mail notification, please contact the meeting secretariat.
- Notification regarding acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitting authors’e-mail address by the end of July, 2018.
Online Abstract Submission
Encryption is recommended as it provides a safer communication. Sending data by plaintext may result in eavesdropping or falsification. Use plaintext only when restrictions or problems occur in your facility or provider.