Call for Abstracts:
JSME International Session
The 49th Annual Meeting of the Japan Society for Medical Education (JSME)
August 18-19, Sapporo Convention Center, Sapporo, Japan
The International Session organized by the JSME Internationalization Committee aims to provide opportunities to share and exchange knowledge, ideas and opinions on medical and health education with colleagues and experts from abroad.
Abstract Submissions for the International Session
- The JSME Internationalization Committee invites abstracts of original papers covering any topic in medical education.
- Papers may include original researches (comprehensive or pilot studies), research reviews, case studies, educational techniques, and so on. Papers will be presented either in the form of an oral a poster presentation, depending on the preference of the authors and the decision by the JSME Internationalization Committee.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- Authors do not have to be a JSME member to submit an abstract. Anyone interested in participating in the session are welcome to apply.
How to Submit an Abstract
- Abstract will be submitted between March 28 and April 28, 2017.
- Abstracts should be submitted directly to the congress secretariat by e-mail, within the above-mentioned period. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please download the “Abstract Submission Form”.
- If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to the above-mentioned address.
- Oral presentation:
- Four papers will be selected for the plenary oral session based on the recommendation of the JSME Internationalization Committee.
- Poster presentation:
- All remaining abstracts will be presented in the form of posters.
- Although there will be no oral presentation at the poster site, the presenting authors must stay there for the designated length of time (1 hour) to interact with poster viewers.
- Authors who prefer to present their paper in the form of a poster need to specify “poster only” on the abstract submission form.
Structure of the Abstract
- The abstract title may not be longer than 250 characters, including spaces.
- Identifying information, such as authors’ names (maximum 5 persons) and affiliations (institutions and hospitals), should be entered in the designated box.
- There is a limit of 2,000 characters, including spaces, for the abstract text. The abstract should be structured into Background & Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
Review and Selection Process
- Submitted abstracts will be reviewed and selected by the members of the JSME Internationalization Committee.
Confirmation of Acceptance
- Confirmation of acceptance will be sent to the head authors via an e-mail by the middle of May 2017.
Oral or Poster Presentation
- Date: August 18, 2017
*The detailed time schedule of the program remains pending.
Sapporo Convention Center, http://www.sora-scc.jp/eng/index.html
- Abstracts may be presented only by persons listed as authors at the time of submission.
Recommended Poster Size:
- 90 cm width, 120 cm height. Details will be shown later on this page.
Commitment to Present
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present if the abstract is accepted.
- Failure to present without prior notice may jeopardize acceptance of future abstracts.
- Travel Awards will be offered to 10 successful submitters from abroad based on the evaluation of abstracts alone. In the selection process, regional distribution will also be considered. Each awardee will win 50,000 JPY.
- Awards for Academic Excellence including Best Oral Presentation Award, Best Poster Award and Young Investigator Award will be selected based on the overall evaluation of abstracts, posters, and/or presentations in each category. Each awardee will win 50,000 JPY.
- A Young Investigator Award will be provided to a distinguished Japanese researcher with less than 7 years of JSME membership.
Reception and Awards Ceremony
- The names of the awardees will be announced at the beginning of the JSME Reception (August 18th, 18:30-20:30).
- We strongly encourage the authors of the International Session to attend the JSME Reception, as those who fail to attend the Awards Ceremony may be automatically disqualified.
Exemption of Registration and Reception Fees:
- We are happy to announce that the conference office will waive the registration fee (12,000 JPY) and reception fees (5,000 JPY) for all non-Japanese scholars attending from abroad who are the first author of an abstract.
For more information, please refer to the following:
Administration Organization of the 49th JSME Annual Meeting
- Japan Society for Medical Education (JSME)
- Sapporo Medical University, S1 W17, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
- Convention Linkage, Inc.
- Authors should make reservations for accommodation by themselves.
Go to the Accommodation Page
Members of the JSME Internationalization Committee
|MURAOKA Akira||National Center for Global Health and Medicine|
|OKUBO Yumiko||Tokyo Women’s Medical University|
|ISHIKAWA Kazunobu||International University of Health and Welfare|
|KIKUKAWA Makoto||Kyushu University|
|AKIYAMA Minoru||University of Tsukuba Hospital|
|GOMI Harumi||Mito Kyodo General Hospital, University of Tsukuba|
|AOMATSU Muneyoshi||Saku Central Hospital|
|BREUGELMANS Raoul||Tokyo Medical University|
|TAKAMURA Akiteru||Kanazawa Medical University|
|YAMAUCHI Kazuyo||Chiba University Hospital|
|OIKAWA Sayaka||Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University|