Call for Papers: Submission deadline is now passed.
Thank you for submitting your abstract for APWSS 2017.
We have reviewed all submitted abstracts carefully and now pleased to announce the results.
If the presenting author has not completed registration by Sunday, 30 July,
your presentation will not be appeared in the programme and abstract book.
20mins (17mins + Q&A 3mins): Oral session lead presenters
15mins (12mins + Q&A 3mins): Oral session presenters (except lead presenters)
Data Preview: Please come to “Data Preview”, located in front of Oral-1 (Buzz Hall) on the B1 floor in the West Area Bldg#4, Kyoto Research Park. We kindly ask all presenters to check in data at least 30 minutes prior to your presentation.
- Please prepare your data in Microsoft PowerPoint（Windows PowerPoint2003~）and make sure to preview your presentation data
- Remote presentation system is equipped in the session room. You have a TFT monitor, mouse and USB keyboard on the podium to operate your presentation.
- Audio playback is not possible.
If you use the Secretariat's PC
- Only USB flash memories and CD-R are accepted.
*MOs, floppy disks, and CD-RWs cannot be accepted.
- Windows is the only operating system available for the presentations.
*If you have prepared the presentation data on a Macintosh, you are requested to bring your own computer.
- Only Windows Media Player can be used to playback movie files.
- Your media should contain only the presentation data for the conference.
- Your presentation data file should be named as <Session Number> <Name> .ppt.
- If your presentation data is linked to other files (i.e. still or moving images, graphs, etc.), those linked files should also be saved in the same folder, and the links checked beforehand. 7) The Secretariat is responsible for destroying all copies of any data after the session.
If you bring your own PC
- The Secretariat will prepare a Mini D-sub 15 pin PC cable connector. If your PC is not compatible with this cable connector, please bring an adaptor to connect your PC to the Mini D-sub 15 pin PC cable connector.
- Please bring your AC adapter and converter with you.
- Please also bring your presentation data on a media (either on USB flash memory or CD-R) as a backup file.
Poster presentation Guideline
Poster Discussion Sessions will take place on Wednesday, September 20 and Thursday, September 21. We will cover a wide range of topics.
The presenting author of each poster is required to be present during the poster sessions according to even or odd numbers.
Odd Numbers (P-001, 003, 005…)
Date: Wednesday, September 20
Time: 1:30 PM-2:30 PM
Even Numbers (P-002, 004, 006…)
Date: Thursday, September 21
Time: 1:00 PM-2:00 PM
We expect presenters/authors to be in front of their poster on one of poster discussion sessions and discuss their poster.
Instructions for Poster preparation:
A poster board with the assigned abstract number located at the top of the board will be provided.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
Instructions for Poster preparation:
Presentation number (H20cm × W20cm):
Conference Secretariat will prepare and pre-set on each panel.
A label (H20cm × W70cm):
Please prepare a label showing the title, institution and the speaker's name.
Abstract body (H150cm x W90cm):
Please summarize your abstract within the size mentioned.
Poster Mounting, Viewing and Dismantling Times
- Poster Mounting
3:00 - 5:00 pm, Tuesday, September 19
9:00 - 10:00 am, Wednesday, September 20
- Poster Dismantling
1:00 - 3:00 pm, Friday, September 22
- Poster Viewing
All posters will be displayed during the conference.
Please go to the Grants/Awards page for the details.
Send related correspondence and questions regarding abstract submissions or notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.