Abstract Submission Guidelines
These guidelines are applicable only to non-Japanese researchers living outside of Japan, or non-Japanese students residing in Japan and studying at a Japanese institution who are interested in submitting abstracts.
Current JAAM members should submit their abstracts though our Japanese site.
Submissions are accepted only via e-mail to the conference secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org), by filling out the Abstract Submission Form attached at the bottom of this page.
Please refrain from using free mail services such as Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail to submit your abstract. We have received reports that important e-mails, such as confirmations and abstract acceptance notifications, go to the spam folder. Please make sure to check and change your e-mail preferences to accept e-mails from email@example.com to your inbox.
Wednesday, December 5, 2018 to Monday, February 4, 2019
The abstract submission has been closed.
Thank you very much for your contributions.
- Paper or poster
- We are open for requests on other presentation styles. However, please note that the final decision is made by the Chair and Program Committee.
- A new English Session is organized for this year’s Scientific Meeting. Papers at the English Session will be presented by international students in Japan and visitors from outside Japan.
|1. Genes||12. Medical Checkup|
|2. Cellular Biology||13. Nutrition, Supplements, Health Foods, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chelation Therapy|
|3. Oxidative Stress||14. Exercise and the Locomotor System|
|4. Immunology, Inflammation||15. “Gokigen” (Happiness), Sleep, Stress Management|
|5. Men’s Health||16. Aesthetics（Skin, Appearance, Body）|
|6. Women’s Health||17. Obesity Syndrome and Evidence-Based Weight Management|
|7. Metabolism||18. Society, Epidemiology, Medical Theory|
|8. Gut Microbiota||19. Cardiovascular System|
|9. Management of Dementia||20. Cancer|
|10. Sensory Organs||21. Alternative Medicine|
|11. Dentistry||22. Other|
JAAM encourages international students in Japan and young surgeons and health professionals in other countries to submit papers to the English Session (oral presentations).
Applicants must be either an international student in Japan or a surgeon or health professional who is working or training in a country outside of Japan. Only one abstract per applicant may be submitted.
Presentations at the Scientific Meeting will be given in English.
Abstracts must be 1,700 characters or less. Please note that you will not be able to complete your registration if your abstract contains more than 1,700 characters.
The Chair reserves the right to accept or reject submitted presentations.
Applicants are responsible for obtaining the necessary visa for entering Japan.
Successful recipients of travel grants will be notified individually by early April 2019.
Once the abstract is accepted, we will offer as follows:
Foreign speakers from abroad:
Transportation fee JPY70,000. + Registration fee waived
Foreign speakers studying in Japan:
Transportation fee up to JPY50,000. + Registration fee waived
Abstract Submission Content
- It is the presenter’s responsibility to confirm the content of the abstract submission, including its abstract topic, presenter name, and abstract body and logic.
- Please note that if any of the following applies to your abstract, your paper will be rejected.
- Abstracts deemed to require the approval of the ethics committee or informed consent that do not have ethics committee approval or informed consent stated in the abstract
- Abstracts that are deemed to have logical problems
- Abstracts that are strongly suspected to contain corporate or institutional advertising
- Abstracts deemed to have problems with protecting patients’ personal information
- Abstracts with weak scientific and academic significance
- Please note the following guidelines pertaining to a patient’s and participant’s privacy when submitting your abstract.
- Do not include specific names, patient numbers, initials, or nicknames that can be used to identify the patient or subject.
- Dates can be included if it is determined that they cannot be used to identify a specific person.
- If the patient or participant is under diagnosis or therapy at another medical institution, do not include the name of the institution or its location.
- If the patient or participant can be identified by verifying information, such as the date of surgery or hospitalization, age must be indicated as follows (excluding those 18 years or younger): 40–44 years old > early 40s; 45–49 years old > late 40s.
- The first author should be the presenter. It is possible to include a maximum of 20 authors (including the first author) and 10 author affiliations (including that of the first author) in your submission.
- The abstract title character limit is 120 characters or less. The abstract body character limit is 1,700 characters. If diagrams are included, the character limit is 1,138 characters (half-width). Please note that abstracts that exceed the character limit cannot be processed for submission. In addition, we recommend creating the abstract body separately and copy-pasting the text to the abstract body field.
Attention: For foreign students staying in Japan, Japanese rule will be applied. Please click here [CLICK]
Conflict of Interest (COI)
- All authors and presenters, including members and non-members, who are presenting or speaking at a lecture or seminar at the 19th JAAM meeting or study groups, trainings, and seminars organized by special interest or regional groups are required to disclose their COI in their abstract submission, detailing their financial relations with corporations involved in medical research or with for-profit organizations.
- It is up to the submitter to judge whether to disclose his/her COI. The 19th JAAM Secretariat is unable to answer questions related to COI judgment. However, please direct questions pertaining to the “Japanese Society of Anti-Aging Medicine COI Committee” to the JAAM Secretariat below.
Secretariat of the Japanese Society of Anti-Aging Medicine
Phone: +81-3-6402-2600 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Personal Disclosure
It is the personal responsibility of the submitter to disclose if there is a conflict of interest related to the abstract to be presented. Abstracts that do not have any conflict of interest are not required to make a disclosure. It is mandatory to select whether the abstract has COI in the Abstract Submission Form. During the submission process, COI can only be indicated as either YES or NONE. COI is based on the following:
|*Note:||Please disclose any conflicting interests with corporations, organizations or groups over the past one (1) year, counting backwards from the date of submission.|
- Employment/leadership position/advisory role: JPY 1,000,000 or more annually from a commercial entity
- Stock ownership or options: Profit of JPY 1,000,000 or more annually from the stock of a company or ownership of 5% or more of the total shares of a company
- Patent royalties/licensing fees: JPY 1,000,000 or more per royalty/licensing fee annually
- Honoraria (e.g., lecture fees): JPY 1,000,000 or more annually from a commercial entity
- Manuscript fees: JPY 1,000,000 or more annually from a commercial entity
- Research funding: JPY 2,000,000 or more as annual payment to departments (department, field, or laboratory) that share research expenses from the same commercial entity
- Subsidies or donations: JPY 2,000,000 or more as annual payment to departments (department, field, or laboratory) that share subsidies or donations from the same commercial entity
- Endowed departments by commercial entities: If any of the authors belong to an endowed department sponsored by a commercial entity
- Travel fees, gifts, and others (except for research, training, education, and treatment): JPY 50,000 or more annually from a commercial entity
3. Onsite disclosures on slides and posters
- COI disclosure on slides and posters should be indicated on the first slide (or after the introductory slide, with the title and author names), using the format 1-A for slide presentations or the prescribed format 1-B at the bottom for posters.
Notification of Receipt of Abstracts
For registration confirmation, notification will be sent to the registered e-mail address. If you do not receive notification at the registered e-mail address within seven (7) days, please inform the conference secretariat.
Notification of Abstract Acceptance or Rejection
For submissions (general presentations), notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the registered e-mail address in April 2019 (tentative). Abstract acceptance, schedules, and other details will be determined at the discretion of the conference chair.
The abstract must be submitted via email (email@example.com) with a designated format.
For inquiries regarding abstract submission, contact:
Congress Secretariat of 19JAAM
c/o Convention Linkage, Inc., Sanbancho 2, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0075, Japan
TEL: +81-(0)3-3263-8688 FAX: +81-(0)3-3263-8693
For COI disclosure inquiries, contact:
Secretariat of the Japanese Society of Anti-Aging Medicine
Phone: +81-3-5651-7500 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org